Expensive compared to what? A photocopier? A few international flights? A Car? It is better to ask whether it is cost effective.
Feedback from companies using video conferencing proves its worth:
- Teleplan recovered their initial investment costs within 8 months.
- RAL calculated that with every new Video Conferencing facility they save £400k a year in travel costs.
- PepsiCo UK recoup initial investment costs within the first six months of use.
- Safestyle UK say the travel savings alone make the investment worthwhile.
- Riverside were doing around 1.9 million business miles a year – with the use of video conferencing they have been able to significantly reduce this.
- RIBA Enterprises use their Video Conferencing systems 6 hours a day, every day.
Polycom’s ROI tool is great for calculating the expected ROI for your business.
Take a look at a real life example, where a client produced these figures in his consideration of implementing a Video Conferencing project.
Take a look at previous posts about Video Conferencing:
What is Video Conferencing?
What Equipment do you need for Video Conferencing?